Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How ill will my cancer treatment make me?

Im 23. I have started radiotherapy for lymphoma and I am taking the chemotherapy tablet chlormabulcil. I haven't told many people about my diagnosis and want to carry on with work as normal.





How bad do you think the side effects will get? will I be able to carry on workingHow ill will my cancer treatment make me?
I sat in the waiting room with an older man that had lymphoma while awaiting my turn in the radiation room. He had hair falling all over his jacket, but other than that, he was doing his paperwork and chatting with everyone in the room. If your chemo makes you sick, I found zofran to work wonders for me. The radiation may turn your skin brown where the rays go in. I got a little tired about halfway through my 6 week treatment and really tired right after it was over for about 3 days. Other than that, I was really good, surprisingly. Hope you'll do great.





Jenn, sorry about your brother. Was/is he an alcoholic or have hepatitis c? That's a very rare primary cancer. Hope he stays cancer free.





JamesB gave me as many thumbs downs as he could before I blocked him because I stated he was a teen asking about braces rather than the oncologist he said he was.How ill will my cancer treatment make me?
You're welcome.

Report Abuse



it depends on your body. my little brother had hepatacellular carcinoma awhile back and had tons of chemo it made it very ill. he got blisters on his tongue, couldnt eat drink swallow etc. became very frail, he couldnt hardly walk weighed about 60 pounds. it was very hard. but given a 2% chance of survival, he made it, and you will too. just done give up, things tend to get worse before they get better.
Everyone is different - keep an open mind about work.

No comments:

Post a Comment