Thursday, January 21, 2010

Will being ill make me lose fitness?

I'm getting the flu and it usually hits me pretty hard. I'm training almost every day for a triathlon in June (only 4 weeks now) and I'm currently at a very good stage of fitness. Will a whole week off training wreck it all?!?!Will being ill make me lose fitness?
A week off will not wreck it all, you won't lose your level of fitness in a week. You may not be at your peak when you do your triathlon unfortuanly to being ill but you won't be far off because you will still have almost a month after being ill to build up you stamina and endurance again :)Will being ill make me lose fitness?
Calm down. It won't wreck everything. Think about it this way: your first priority is health. The best way to be healthy right now is to take some time off. If you don't, you could easily get worse and your body will take a longer time to heal. Work toward health.
No but it will set you back a little. If you try and train through your illness that could wreck it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment