Thursday, January 21, 2010

I have a friend who is Mentally ill, and he will not seek therapy,and he scares people and gets into trouble.?

what should i do?I have a friend who is Mentally ill, and he will not seek therapy,and he scares people and gets into trouble.?
Hi J S, I really don't what your friends illness is but I hope that maybe I can help you so that you can help your friend.I have a son who will be 31 in October,my son has Autism, and he has no speech, but when he was 5 years old and all of the Doctors and people who was suppose to know about this terrible Mental Illness told me that my son John would never amount to anything,I was told to just put him in a place where no-one would have to see him or be around him,my family also said the best thing would be was to walk away and let on that he wasn't my son. I worked with John every day for the last 26 years and I know that he will neve be ';normal';,what ever normal is I sure as hell don't know what normal is.Please forgve me for going on about this but it really burns my *** when people say about a person with any kind of mental illness ';Will he hurt me?'; And my son is like most other young people he'll get into trouble,but I follow something that a great lady always told me to do. Treat him as a person,don't treat him like he is some kind of a freak. So J S keep trying to get your friend to go to therapy, and when some peabrain idiot says Will he hurt me,just tell them that he is real chosey about who he wants to be around. I sure hope that in some little way I may have helped you,I am sorry JS for being a long winded old bag. Stay friends with person because he needs to have some one love him\ her for just being who they are and not someone that feels sorry for this person. Good Luck and always be kind to your friend....Shirley p.s. Oh! by the way JS, I know that you will be rewarded when you go to heaven, because I truly belive that God has put your friend in your life and that he put John in my life,';BECAUSE YOU AND I WERE TRUSTED WITH GOD'S VERY SPECIAL PEOPLE..I'm sorry for rambling on.I have a friend who is Mentally ill, and he will not seek therapy,and he scares people and gets into trouble.?
I'm afraid you can do nothing. It depends on his age. If he is adult, the police usually get involved(too late) and hospitalise him or put a community treatment order on him(compulsory therapy and medication. Unfortunately, prisons are full of people who are mentally ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment