Saturday, January 23, 2010

My best friend is ill. Will he be okay?

He's got severe tonsillitis. Well he thinks he has. His glands are all swollen and he can't swallow/eat/drink/yawn. He coughed up a little blood earlier. Is this tonsillitis or is he going to have to get his tonsills out or something? He does smoke. Could it have been caused by this? I'm so worried about him. He's not even like a best friend to me, he's like, a brother but one that I love or something. I always get worried about people when they're ill. He's going to the doctors tomorrow. But I just know I'm going to be up all night worrying about him.My best friend is ill. Will he be okay?
Tonsillitis is caused by viruses or bacteria that cause the tonsils to swell and become inflamed. So Smoking might not have caused it.


Treatment of tonsillitis usually involves keeping the patient comfortable while the illness runs its course. This supportive care includes bed rest, drinking extra fluids, gargling with warm salt water, and taking pain relievers--usually NSAIDs--to reduce fever. Frozen juice bars and cold fruit drinks can bring some temporary relief of sore throat pain; drinking warm tea or broth can be soothing. If the throat culture shows that S. pyogenes is present, penicillin or other antibiotics will be prescribed. An injection of benzathine or procaine penicillin may be most effective in treating the infection, but it is also painful. If an oral antibiotic is prescribed, it must be taken for the full course of treatment, usually 10-14 days. If the patient has several episodes of severe tonsillitis, the doctor may recommend a tonsillectomy, which is the surgical removal of the tonsils.My best friend is ill. Will he be okay?
You need to get him to a doctor. It may be tonsillitis but it could be a number of other things as well, so the best thing to to would be to take him to the doctor or at least to call one and ask for medical advice.





If it is tonsillitis then have him gargle warm salt water, I know it sounds gross but he will feel much better, I have a few more remedies if it is indeed tonsillitis but you should go see a doctor to make sure.
It could be tonsillitis... Tell him not to smoke...It will only irritate his throat and it will make him sicker. I had my tonsils out when I was a kid...Not to worry you, but it is worse for older people. I am sorry to hear your friend is sick. I will be thinking about him. Take care and good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment