Saturday, January 23, 2010

Will I become mentally ill if my current situation stays on?

Due to work pressure, I start losing sleep a month ago. At once, I didn't even eat well. My project is due in four months and I am already nervous about the deliverables. My mind is thinking about works when I am on the bed, walking, and eating. I am no longer focus while I am at work or others are talking. I don't laugh like I used to. Someone out there who has similar experience, tell me if this could become a serious illness?Will I become mentally ill if my current situation stays on?
If you allowed this to continue, then yes, it could become serious and you could get quite ill. Good thing you're recognising that fact and can prevent this from happening now. It's time to do something about it and you have to find ways to calm yourself down.





You can use herbal remedies such as bachs and camomile tea regularly. Bachs can be bought from the pharmacy and whenever you feel stressed, just put a few drops under your tongue. Try not to use prescription drugs. The odd tranquiliser won't harm anyone, but don't rely on any prescribed drugs as you can become dependent on them.





You should also treat yourself to alternative therapies such as reflexology, reiki and/or massage to get rid of some of the stress.





Exercise is good, especially yoga. Another one I found great for stress was boxercise .. strenuous exercise and punching the hell out of punch bags! :o)





Also make sure you are eating a good healthy diet because sometimes when you're stressed you forget to eat or just can't be bothered. Taking a good multi-vitamin is also a beneficial supplement during times of stress.





You have to switch off and give yourself some 'me' time. Go for a walk in fresh air, go for a nice scenic drive, watch a good comedy or two, meditate or even just give yourself half an hour in the bath with some soothing music and candles.





When you get up each morning, take time to do some breathing. Take big deep breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth. As you breathe in, imagine you are breathing in calm. As you breathe out, you are breathing out stress. Do this for at least one minute and then tell yourself 'today will be a wonderful day'. Smile.





Every time you find your mind wandering, stop, take deep breaths again, tell yourself that everything is wonderful and calm. Smile.





Stay cool :o)








http://www.freewebs.com/spiritualhealing鈥?/a>Will I become mentally ill if my current situation stays on?
it is already affecting your health.


believe it or not exercise will help dissolve some of the anxiety, but you may need stronger stuff to help with the anxiety.
I think you already have a mental illness. Sounds to me you may be depressed. I am currently being treated for depression.I became depressed while caring for my autistitic son and my husband also has autistic tendencies so He isn't much help.It is easy to become depressed while you are overwhelmed.It took me a while to admit that something wasn't right .As a result things just continued to get worse I felt worse and my family suffered the effects as well. The sooner you seek help the better you will feel and the quicker you will be able to get your life back on track. I've only been taking Zoloft for a month and I feel a huge difference. It takes alittle while to feel the full effects but if you hang in there it will help tremendously.I think you should talk to your doctor and discuss your symptoms and he will find the right course of action. Good luck and I hope You start to feel better
You better lay down and just concentrate on your breathing for a while.Drink lots of water and have cold bath.It is said that one who keeps a step ahead when other are tired up,will get to the top.Good luck.
Well you are just stressed for the time being due to work pressure but once your project is over you'll be relief from these tension.
i don't know about mentally ill, but you can become ill, definetly. lack of sleep can turn into exaustion and you can collapse. you need sleep. your mind needs rest. try some over the counter sleeping pills, warm bath with aroma therapy salts, or lie in bed in complete darkness with eyes closed and soft music on, or sound of waves. very relaxing. no matter how you do it, you need to sleep. and you might wanna think about getting another job. no job is worth loosing health over.
we have 24 hours a day, and you cannot buy more.





1/3 of your day should be sleeping, particularly getting into REM sleep, when you are dreaming vividly.





if you ever experience heart palpatations, that is called anxiety disorder and usually is quite successfully treated with xanax.





you are not seriously mentally ill and i doubt that you are going to get that way. but if i lived in your skin, i would see a psychiatrist to see what medication could help me.





losing focus can indicate attention deficit disorder. it may also indicate depression, which has numerous signals.





go to a psychiatrist right away. especially do not wait because you have a sleep problem. if it worsens to the point that you are sleep deprived for too long of a time, the first bad thing that happens is that you get paranoid. if you are not THEN treated, you will become violent. who knows where that can lead?





best of luck. i think you will pull through if only you take care of your health, and then, after that, your reputation. see what i mean by that?
You may need to talk to your doctor about depression. Half the population is treated for this and stress. It takes the medication a couple of weeks to work so get going before you miss your deadlines. Best of luck to you!
As someone who has personally experienced burnout I will tell you this: you need to take care of yourself. There are various stages to burnout and it sounds like you are in the first few. It's a slippery slope though and you if you push too hard you'll land in the later stages where your body starts to shut down. I hit this stage. I took me close to a year of lower intensity work to get back to functional.


Try deep breathing. Take breaks. Make sure you get some exercise during the week.
  • acne treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment