Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Why Doesn't Nas Mention Ill Will Anymore?

I noticed that Nas isn't mentioning Ill Will in anymore of his songs. In fact, I found it inspiring when he mentions his best friends in most of his raps in his early career. In Just a Moment he mentions him as well. His label is even named after his best friend, but Nas isn't saying Will's name anymore. I think the last song that he mentioned Ill Will was in 04' in Just a Moment. Why Doesn't Nas Mention Ill Will Anymore?
He isn't ill anymore.Why Doesn't Nas Mention Ill Will Anymore?
Well I'm pretty sure he mentioned him on HHID, but either way I know he at least rapped about him after Street's Disciple on the song ';Death Anniversary'; in 2005





';What if I told you that AZ didn't exist


And I put him there, played it like a vantriliquist


Cause ****** spit that fake sh!t and y'all respect it


I spit that real sh!t and y'all won't by the record


What if me and the rapper homie was really cool


And we used that whole thing as a media tool


Would you say I was a sucker, or say I was savy


If I told you motherf*ckers me and K wasn't married


What if Jungle wrote my sh!t and I'm really illiterate


And the whole Nas catalogue was just an experiement


What if I really died when Ill Will got shot


This is Will rhyming now and Nas is chillin with Pac';





But I mean, how much would you expect him to rap about Ill Will in the first place? He's been in the game 14 years and by now he's probably said as much as he's willing to say about the guy on record. It's not like anything is gonna bring him back.

No comments:

Post a Comment