Friday, January 15, 2010

Will my dog feel ill the day he has been neutered?

He is 7 months old. He is going in the vets at 10am and we're picking him up at about 5pm.


We want to drive up to a friends in the country that night, its about a 3 hr drive. Will he be able to hack it?? Or will he be sick etc?


I can easily change the date of the appointment.


Ive only had bitches previously, and I know to neuter a boy is a slightly less complicated operation.Will my dog feel ill the day he has been neutered?
Every dog will act different. Mine was just very tired and groggy and sore. He was feeling better the next day. He never threw up or anything. Good for you for being a responsible pet owner!Will my dog feel ill the day he has been neutered?
If my last dog getting neutered is anything to go by he wont be fit for drive. He's had anaesthetic which makes him feel drowsy,dizzy etc. My dog wasnt right for over 24 hours after. He was sick several hours after we picked him up and didnt eat for nearly 2 days.
change the appointment i would stay home and give dog some T L C he will need it you will have to keep a close eye on him some times they try to take out the stitches get a collar of the vet for him that way he cant get at them and will save you more expense if he does try to rip them out my dog had it done a few months ago and was feeling so sorry for himself and you will find that your dog will put on weight after haveing it done the vet said that is normal
I would not pu my dog through that especially after a trauma like that. They are like kids i would not have my kid on a road trip after they got out of surgery. Bring him home and keep an eye on him. my dog had a sensitive stomach and couldn't keep pain meds down we had 3 days of babying her not alowwing her to go up and down stairs or in and out of cars.
Change the date! Have a little compassion. How would you feel? Take him home where things are normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment