Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What type of dog will I not be allergic to.....dog hairs make me very ill!!!?

Hi,


MY two children are desperate for a dog and due to a severe allergy, the answer is always NO!!


Any animal hair gives me an asthma attack and if I touch them my skin becomes red, itchy and with raised hives.


I heard that some dogs have no fur and my son has asked me to post a question.


PLease help......I am desperate.What type of dog will I not be allergic to.....dog hairs make me very ill!!!?
Hon, it is the dog's dander you are allergic to, not the actual hair. A chihuahua is a breed that has been clinically proven to take asthma away from kids. Back in the 80's when I was a Navy Nurse, we had a pediatrician that would actually prescribe a chihuahua to kids for that purpose. Good luck!What type of dog will I not be allergic to.....dog hairs make me very ill!!!?
American Hairless Terrier and Chinese Crested are good for allergy sufferers and people with asthma.





good luck!





a good website: http://www.americanhairlessterrier.co.uk鈥?/a>
old english sheepdogs although hairy don't shed , although you need to cut them in warm weather.my mate was allergic to cats but ended up living with a girl who had 3. after about a week of sneezing he is now totally cured. bit risky for you to try though.....
LHASA APSO





the perfect pup! I have severe asthma, yet I have (and had) a Lhasa.





They are the sweetest -if you can get them mixed with a terrier - they are so awesome and temperment is the best!
My sister has 2 poodles, as she has an allergy. She has no adverse side effects from them.


The person who recommended a Collie is wrong. They shed like mad, I have one!
try and research about poodles.....apparently they are the best for people with allergies and asthma as they have actual 'hair' and not fur....worth a try...good luck :D edit... lol @ no fur at all...dont think she meant that LOL!! ~ oppps ...oh dear @ cant go near the poodles....ummmm....ever considered of one of those hairless egyptian cats??? just a random thought :)
May not be the hair you are allergic to then- it may well be the shed skin (urgh) keep saying no, it's a good lesson for kids to understand that they can't always have what they want. And you know that after the first fortnight, you'll be the one cleaning up after it and caring for it!





Like the ad's in the 80's ';Just say no';
A toy one !!
Well, my Shih Tzu is about 6 mos and till now, it has not cause any worsenin on my son's asthma. My son does suffer from severe asthma but then again, he also takes meds on a daily basis. FYI: Shih Tzu's do not have fur instead they have human hair. Actually, this just reminded me to call the groomer.....it needs a trim :)
I believe poodles are good for people with allergies. They dont cast their coat you have to have them clipped.
There is an American hairless terrier, a hairless Khala, a Peruvian Inca orchid, Chinese Crested and an xoloitzcuintle or Mexican hairless.
A Bijon Frisse(don`t know if I`ve spelt this correctly), my brother has just bought one.I was holding the dog last week and I was wearing a black sweater. Not a single hair on it.


They don`t grow very big and seem to be self exercising, they are never still. Obviously need to take her walkies, but a very sociable little pooch.
I know poodles are famous for having extremely low pet-dander levels, thus the popularity in poodle crosses lately (Shi-poos, cockapoos, etc.) Hairless breeds are extremely expensive and require being shipped in from other parts of the country generally. You might go to your local animal shelter and see how you react to any toy poodles they might have.
It is rare for a dog not to have any fur but there are dogs that do not shed their fur. If you want a dog that doesn't shed I would go with a poodle or collie.
Poodles don't shed hair, and their are a few other breeds (not springing to mind).


But no guarantee on the allergy. Many people are not allergic to poodles that are allergic to other dogs, but nothing for certain says this will be the case for you.
You need a Chinese Crested! in fact the world would be a much happier place if everybody had at least one! They can not fail to put a smile on your face - Mine treats every morning like it's the first he's ever seen! They're energetic, lively, funny, affectionate and just downright cute! I've never seen a dog so agile! He's also a little over breed standard size and very robust - not as delicate as they look! Your son might like to do agility or flyball with one depending how old he is. They are very warm to the touch regardless of having no hair, like little hot water bottles!











edit: btw, my boy is far prettier than those on google images! There are two body types and mine is a cobby, so more robust than them!
Yeah but do you really want a dog with no hair? Kinda scary.
there are dogs out there that are hypoallergenic. these breeds are considered the most suitable for people with allergies. though they do produce dander it is very little so very few people express allergic reactions when near one. good luck!
poodles
The pet allergy problem in the U.S. is considerable; about 10 percent of the U.S. population is allergic to animals, according to the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. For those persons afflicted with asthma, the rate is even higher - approximately 25%. Allergic reactions to pets can range from bothersome (itchy or watery eyes) to downright dangerous, such as asthma attacks that constrict breathing. There are hypoallergenic dog breeds that are most suitable for people with pet allergies. But no dog is 100% hypoallergenic. Heres what they look like: http://images.google.com/images?hl=en%26amp;q=鈥?/a>





Some dont have much fur. Some are a little ugly. But there are ones like terriers and stuff that are hypoallergenic.
Hi


How about a Hot-dog?


Ray. West York's. U.K.
I think you should stop and say that you can't have a dog. No matter what your allergic to them and I know some dogs have no fur but they dont look very nice, well they do but i prefer dogs with fur. I heard about poodles are good but its your allergy they must understand this. I would suggest a rabbit but you might be allergic to that. I think mice/hamsters are the best way but I would go and see the docotor about this before getting a dog or other animal to see if you are allergic to the species or not.


Awwwww you miss out without a dog!! If you need a animal less trouberling fish is a good idea!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment