Tuesday, May 11, 2010

If your Mom were terminally ill, would you let a doctor implant a feeding tube that would prolong suffering?

As an only child, I actually had to decide this question by myself in real life. It wasn't easy, because it was the hardest thing I ever had to do.If your Mom were terminally ill, would you let a doctor implant a feeding tube that would prolong suffering?
I feel for you. When my mother passed away after suffering a long time it was a blessingIf your Mom were terminally ill, would you let a doctor implant a feeding tube that would prolong suffering?
I feel for you. I had to decide whether to pull the plug for my mom as my step dad was a basket case and my brothers all looked to me. I found it easy enough to say enough is enough as she had gone through so much and she had told me months before that she couldn't go through another so called recovery process. Hope you feel okay, after a while. Time heals. Believe me.


God Bless.
it's the hardest decision....probably not!
I have to hope I would have tortured my Mom into giving me a living will before it ever became an issue. If it only prolonged her pain and she'd never get back to health without the tube, I'd deny its use. I love my Mom dearly, but I'd not keep her here past her time. There is a time to hang on and a time to let her go. I couldn't live with myself if she was a living vegetable just cause I refused to let her pass on.
I am so so sorry that you had to do this on your own. your mum was terminally ill and i dont think i would prolong her suffering by letting a doctor implant a feeding tube in her and deep down i dont think that your mum would want that either and i now that your mum would be so proud of you.........take care of yourself...

No comments:

Post a Comment