Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How much would being ill effect my 5k time?

i mean time wise? By ill, i mean a cold with a runny nose and occasional chills type of thing, not the flu or anything severe. How many seconds should i expect to cut off by not running a 5k at full strength as opposed to ill?How much would being ill effect my 5k time?
I think as long as you don't have a fever you'll be ok.Once you get going you may not even notice the nasal congestion unless you have to hauk it up.How much would being ill effect my 5k time?
if your talking just a single race...it will not affect you and after you get a few hundred meters into the race most of your symptoms should subside...some of my teammates have ran there best races when sick too because they are so focused on running there hardest with the cold.
It really depends what stage of the cold you're at. Most likely it won't have much effect though. If mentally you get yourself ready to run you shouldn't really lose much, or any, time.
It could effect you mostly.





I tried running a 5k with a cold (cough, running nose, etc) ended up not being able to breathe after 1st mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment