Friday, May 14, 2010

I was on meds when i was 12, ill be 17 soon, will i lose my medical history or records or whatever?

When i was 12-13 i was on meds, ive been off meds forever now and im wondering if people lose their previous medical records at 17 or 18I was on meds when i was 12, ill be 17 soon, will i lose my medical history or records or whatever?
Medical records can be destroyed after 5 years. However, some health care providers store the records indefinitely on microfilm.I was on meds when i was 12, ill be 17 soon, will i lose my medical history or records or whatever?
No you shouldn't. It is a good thing to always keep your doctor informed of past medical history and medications that worked for you.
No, you will not lose your medical records. I worked in a clinic and what happens with old medical records is they are moved to a storage facility and are kept there forever.





I've seen hospital records that were 40+ years old.
no you will not loose your medical records,.. just keep a journal of who you go to ( doctors) so if you ever need to reflect on anything from the past, you will know who to call for that record.
If you go to a different doctor, the original doctor is only required to keep your records for 5-7 years so eventually they may be destroyed. But if you go to the same doctor all information will stay in your chart. Some people's charts get really thick.
  • bourjois
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment