Friday, January 15, 2010

Isn't God by our definition of malevolent, a malevolent God? Someone that shows ill will is malevolent right?

What do you guys think?





I mean he has the power to stop evil but instead he shows ill will to hundresds of people all over the world.Isn't God by our definition of malevolent, a malevolent God? Someone that shows ill will is malevolent right?
The fact that God deliberately allows certain things, which if we allowed them would turn us into monsters, doesn't necessarily count against God.





If I said to my brother,';I could bail you out of a problem but I won't,'; I would probably be irresponsible and perhaps wicked. But we do that all the time. We don't do their homework for them. We don't put a bubble around them and protect them from every little hurt.





I remember when my younger sister was trying to thread a needle in Brownies. It was very difficult for her. Every time she tried, she hit herself in the finger and a couple of times she bled. I was watching her, but I said to myself, ';She can do it.';





After about five minutes she finally did it. After I came out of hiding my father walked into the room and she said, ';Daddy, Daddy. Look what I did!'; She was so proud she had threaded the needle that she had forgotten all about the pain. That time pain was good for her.





More succinctly, C.S. Lewis wrote: ';They say of temporal suffer, 'No future bliss can make up for it,' not knowing that Heaven, will work backwards and turn even that agony into glory.';





Now, certainly God is much wiser than one of us. So it's at least possible that God is wise enough to foresee that we need pain for reasons which we may not understand but which he foresees as being necessary to some eventual good. Therefore he's not being evil by allowing that pain to exist.Isn't God by our definition of malevolent, a malevolent God? Someone that shows ill will is malevolent right?
wow... so much wrong with that I don't even know where to begin. First off you might want to examine the thinkers of the enlightenment era. Which was about 400 years ago so that's pretty bad that you don't know about them. Basically, God created the universe to follow a set of natural rules and let humanity decide their own fate. It's not God's job to intervene, and how exactly is it ill will to let people make their own choices? Is it suddenly God's job to strip us of all freedom to ';protect'; us? What would be the point if God intervened all the time? Why should we even exist? ';I mean he has the power to stop evil but instead he shows ill will to hundreds of people all over the world'; you really don't get it do you? We must expierience evil and wickedness if we are to truly know the meaning of sacrifice and glory. Try stopping and thinking before you declare your amazing revelations with the rest of the world. And by the way, learn how to spell.
is god willing to prevent evil, but not able?


then he is omnipotent.


is he able, but not willing?


then he is malevolent.


is god both able and willing?


then whence cometh evil?


is he neither able nor willing?


then why call him god?


===epicurus
I just got a couple of brilliant answers from Parrot and Del Clicker to this question in a question I posed, please read them both if you have a minute. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
if the Bible god were judged by our standards he'd be viewed as a mass murdering psychopath, a baby killer.
no





God is not malevolent
shut up

No comments:

Post a Comment