Friday, January 15, 2010

Is it true that eating a nesting (incubating) bird will make you ill?

My hubby and I ended up actually arguing about this!





He says that eating a nesting bird (by that, I mean a bird who is incubating her eggs), will give you sickness and diahorrea.





I don't see how scientifically, that could be true.. What huge difference could make someone ill just because the bird is nesting?





If anyone knows the answer, I'd be hugely grateful, even if I'm the one that's wrong - lol!!Is it true that eating a nesting (incubating) bird will make you ill?
I dont know but it sounds gross! You go ahead and let your hubby try and let us ALL know please! hahahahaIs it true that eating a nesting (incubating) bird will make you ill?
argue about infidelity and money, not about this!





but i agree with you.
That's a superstition. The fact is any bird should be cooked to an internal temp of 165 degrees. That will kill pretty much any bacteria you come across.





Technically you can dip your food in human feces and if you cook it enough it's safe to eat. Not appetizing, but safe.
At least, I feel sorry for a nesting bird.....If you eat her, her chicks won't have mother.....
yes. whilst incubating the eggs, the mommy bird soils herself and it remains on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment