Sunday, January 17, 2010

Ill Wills.What would happen to my home if my parents die intestate together while I'm living with them?

I am in my 40s and have always lived with my parents, who are now both old age pentioners, on their freehold small holding with animals. One of them has siblings and I have a sibling none of whom live with us. If my parents died intestate together would I have any right to remain living at home or could the state or any beneficiaries force me to move out in order to pay tax and duties or divide the equity amongst the heirs?Ill Wills.What would happen to my home if my parents die intestate together while I'm living with them?
You and your siblings have an equal interest if they die intestate. They can only force a partition, you can buy them out.Ill Wills.What would happen to my home if my parents die intestate together while I'm living with them?
IN the US, You have nothing but an interest in the property equal to all other heirs in the intestancy law of your state.





Anything is possible; but the norm is to sell all assets to pay bills and split the proceedes; or offer the home to one child who buys out the interest of the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment