Wednesday, January 13, 2010

If I'm mentally ill, will I be placed in a group home?

I have Psychotic Depression. I have a hard time being by myself. How will I pay for the group home?If I'm mentally ill, will I be placed in a group home?
You don't need to go to a group home. Try therapy, try medication, try anything you can to get better. You are not destined to be this way forever. Don't just sign yourself away before you've tried everything.If I'm mentally ill, will I be placed in a group home?
Hate to break it to you but a group or half-way home isn't 'easy' to get into. Your first option is probably going to be a hospital if you have a hard time being alone. Plus you can't really be 'just put' in a group home 'like that'. They're usually for people who are:


A)Are in the foster care system(depending on how old you are)


B)Transitioning from one place to another


C)Can't be at home (drugs, abuse, etc)





I'm not too sure about paying, but that can be worked out.
Here's a better question: how will you pay for anything if your condition worsens and you can't keep a job or care for yourself?





Get help now. Worry about finances later. There are always loans. Money comes and goes. What else is there, if not your health?





Btw, good luck! I hope you feel better and can go back to being yourself soon. %26gt;hug%26lt;
you can always apply for social security, or depending on the state you live in, they often have resources to help any behavior health problems...
i dont think they will put you in a group home. usually they try medication first.

No comments:

Post a Comment